This notice is for this website - Norman Snodgrass.com, owned by Sue Bough and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
"I", “we”, or "The Website" refers to Sue Bough
"you", "the user" refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we only process your personal data for our core business purposes, i.e. marketing our own products.
Lawful basis: Consent
1. The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you bought or negotiated to buy a book from my website.
2. We process your information in the following ways: To send you a book and keep you updated with special offers and news about our books.
3. Data retention period: We will continue to process your information until such time as you unsubscribe from our mailing list, which you may do at any time. We will also review our database periodically to ensure it is relevant and we may contact you to check you still wish to be included on it.
4. Sharing your information: we value your privacy and will never share your information with third parties.
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
1. The reason we use this basis: To ensure our are paid taxes correctly.
2. We process your information in the following ways: to must maintain a list of clients with name, address, and purchases for tax inspections in line with the UK’s HMRC requirements.
3. Data retention period: Six years
4. Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties
5. If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
· the right to be informed;
· the right of access;
· the right to rectification;
· the right to erasure;
· the right to restrict processing;
· the right to data portability;
· the right to object; and
· the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies GoDaddy to store, access and manage that information.
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are served through our advertising partners Google, Facebook, Amazon Affiliates, or are served through our own means.
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL or as a titled text link.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal data" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an email marketing service provider. We use: Mailchimp
Subscription time & date
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
· Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
· Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATED MAY 2018